Ends Policies - Conditions exist so the Illinois School Counselor Association will practice with the highest level of effectiveness.
- School counselors are actively engaged in the dismantling of racist and discriminatory practices, policies, and institutions that further disadvantage and/or marginalize our students and communities. (1EP)
- School counselors are knowledgeable about and collaborate with students, parents/guardians, staff, school administrators, policy makers, community members in the development, implementation and evaluation of effective and comprehensive school counseling programs based on the ASCA National Model. (2EP)
- School counselors are knowledgeable about current ethical, legal, and professional practices and their application. (3EP)
- School counselors are knowledgeable about current trends in school counseling and education by participating in high quality professional development. (4EP)
- School counselors are actively engaged in state and national initiatives that impact the school counseling profession. (5EP)
- School counselors are empowered to take on leadership roles to build a community of Illinois school counselors that advocates for and recognizes excellence in the school counseling profession. (6EP)