REGISTRATION IS CLOSED. Event is FULL. We are not taking a waiting list. We will not be accepting walk-ins. Sorry.
This workshop is designed to provide participants with attitudes, knowledge and skills to use data to design, implement, evaluate and improve their school counseling program. Includes specifics for administrators hiring, use of time and evaluation.
Who Should Attend?: School counselors, grad students, administrators and educators interested in efficiency, effectiveness, and program improvement. Trish Hatch has trained thousands of school counselors on the Use of Data the ASCA National Model. Trish Hatch's books will be available for sale at this workshop as well.
- Understand the changing role of the professional school counselor
- Learn how to use data to drive decisions and improve programs and outcomes for students
- Understand the many types of data school counselors use including achievement, achievement-related, standards and competencies, process, perception, behavior and outcome data.
- Design standards and academic mindset aligned core curriculum action plans.
- Design data driven school counselor interventions for students at risk
- Design data driven intentional /closing the gap systemic intervention action plans.
- Learn how to design pre-post tests and other results-based accountability tools.
- Learn how to measure, share and utilize the results for program improvement.
- Learn how to report results using the Flashlight Approach® and other advocacy tools.
Trish Hatch, Ph.D. is Associate Professor, Director of the School Counseling Program at San Diego State University. Dr. Hatch is the author of The Use of Data in School Counseling: Hatching Results for Students, Programs and the Profession (2014); and co-author of the ASCA National Model: A Framework for School Counseling Programs (ASCA, 2003; 2005) and Evidence-Based Practice in School Counseling: Making a Difference with Data-Driven Practices (Dimmit, Carey & Hatch, 2007). Dr. Hatch is the Executive Director of the Center for Excellence in School Counseling and Leadership (CESCaL), which seeks to improve the profession of school counseling through policy and practice. A former school counselor and administrator, Dr. Hatch served as ASCA’s Vice President (Supervisor/Post Secondary) and President of the California School Counseling Association. She has received the ASCA Mary Gehrke Lifetime Achievement Award and ASCA's Administrator of the Year Award. As President and CEO of Hatching Results™ LLC, Dr. Hatch has gathered a team of expert school counselors and counselor educators, who provide grant writing, evaluation, training and consulting on evidenced-based practices, the use of data to improve outcomes for students, programs and the profession. Recently, Dr. hatch was an invited thought leader to the White House on school counseling and was most recently (July 28, 2014) she was the Featured Speaker at the White House Convening on the Presidents “College Opportunity Agenda” at Harvard University.
7:30am - 8:00am Continental Breakfast provided by UTI
11:00am - 12:30pm Lunch and Tour of UTI (Lunch provided by UTI)
12:30pm - 3:30pm Workshop